Moving to Ashland Oregon
After visiting Ashland, you might not want to leave! We understand, it is a gorgeous, quaint town full of natural beauty and incredible culture for a town of just over 20,000 residents. Living here has many advantages, which we lay out below with 10 reasons on why you should consider moving to this wonderful town. Below that, you’ll find more information and resources to help you with your decision!
Why Move to Ashland OR:
1. The weather – If you enjoy four seasons, with relatively mild winters, accessibility to snow in the mountains but only a few days of snow in town a year, hot, reliably sunny summer days, and a long spring and fall, you will love living Ashland.
2. The schools – If you are moving here with children, it is comforting to know that the schools are considered high quality. Ashland High School was named to the top 3% of U.S. high schools by US News and World Reports in 2007 and 2009, and greatschools.org gave the school system a great 9/10 ranking.
3. The outdoor recreation – It’s simply outstanding. The nature is incredible. Drive west and discover the Oregon Coast and Redwoods. Drive north and check out the Umpqua National Forest and Crater Lake. Drive east into the Cascades to discover lakes and hiking. Drive south to Mt. Ashland or Mt. Shasta. These are all just the very tip of the iceberg, there is so much more to discover!
4. The traffic – There is none! Seriously, if and when you find any traffic, you’ll be shocked.
5. The culture – 20,000 people. That’s it. But when you come here, it’ll feel like so much more as the economy is supported by visitors. The Oregon Shakespeare Festival and many other great theatre companies, widespread cuisines and restaurants, numerous art galleries, the ashland independent film festival, food festivals, farmers markets, artisans markets and great locally owned retail stores, museums…and more!
6. No sales tax – Can you dig it!!??
7. Great coffee, tasty restaurants – Like we mentioned above in the culture section, we are so lucky to live in a small town and have so many great options when it comes to restaurants and coffee and the like!
9. Lithia Park and the Ashland Park System – Designed by the designer of San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park, Lithia Park is an absolutely essential and incredible part of life in Ashland. Take a walk, bring your children to the playground, play frisbee on the front lawn, go swimming, discover the wide variety of plants, flowers and trees, visit the two duck ponds, have a picnic, listen to live music, hike on its numerous trails, and enjoy the scenery of Ashland Creek and the surrounding Siskiyou Mountains, play tennis, go ice skating – among other things, of course. Additionally, Ashland has roughly 20 parks to choose from, including a dog park, a skate park and the fantastic North Mountain Park.
10. Mt. Ashland and the Mt. Ashland Ski Area – Just 30 minutes from town, you can ski, snowboard, cross-country ski, snowshoe, hike, mountain bike and camp! Just one example of the many outdoor activity hotspots in the area!
Additional Resources for moving to Ashland:
*Learn more about what Ashland has to offer with our Discover Ashland page.
*Learn more about the history and cultural and economic climate in Ashland with our About Ashland Oregon page.
*Read our blog article “On Moving to Ashland”.
*Learn more about the Ashland real estate market here.
*Find an Ashland, Oregon Realtor here.
*Find an Ashland, Oregon Mortgage Lender here.
*Find an Ashland, Oregon Property Manager here for rental listings.
*Visit the Ashland Oregon school district website.
*Check out greatschools.org ranking of specific Ashland schools and their overall ranking of 9/10!
*Learn more about Ashland’s weather and climate here.
*Read our Ashland Oregon FAQs here.
Finally, here are some Ashland Oregon photos to whet you appetite!
Would you like to see more Ashland photos? Here is an even more extensive grouping of Ashland OR photos!
Tags: Relocate to Ashland Oregon, Move to Ashland Oregon, Reasons to move to Ashland Oregon, Real estate in Ashland Oregon, Realtors in Ashland Oregon, Mortgage Lenders in Ashland Oregon, Rental Listings in Ashland Oregon, Photos of Ashland Oregon, Resources for moving to Ashland Oregon, On Moving to Ashland Oregon, Information on Ashland Oregon school system, Ashland Oregon school system rankings, Ashland Oregon schools, Ashland Oregon weather, weather in Ashland Oregon, Ashland Oregon climate, Discover Ashland Oregon, About Ashland Oregon